AboutMeLCat is an easy-to-use interlibrary loan system to allow Michigan residents to borrow books, DVD's, and other library materials for free from participating Michigan libraries.
MeLCat is part of the Michigan eLibrary or
Requesting Material from Another Libraryand follow these steps:
- Search by author, title or subject
- Click on "Get This . . ." when you find the item you want.
- At the next screen, select Adrian District Library from the drop down menu
- Enter your first and last name and then your library card number (no spaces between numbers)
- The next screen will say "Your request for ........ was successful" or you will get a message that the item is not currently available. Holds may not be placed on items that are not currently available.
Checking the Status of a MeLCat RequestVisit the page and follow these steps:
- Click on the tab "My MeLCat"
- Select the Adrian District Library
- Type in your name and library card number and click "submit"
- The information indicates the number of requests you currently have as well as the number of items you currently have checked out on MeLCat. Click on either of those links for detailed information
- You can check the appropriate box to cancel a hold (unless it is in transit) or renew an item.